Morayfield Psychology Centre is partnered with Brisbane North Primary Health Network (PHN) to host a Mental Health Nursing Hub for the whole Moreton Bay North regions. This Mental Health Nursing team named Mental Health Nursing in Brisbane North program (MHNiB) aims at helping people who are above the age of 18 and who suffer from a severe mental health condition with complex health needs.
The Mental Health Nurses can assist the person and/or families to connect with other health professionals and service providers, liaise with the professionals involved with their care, liaise with the person on a regular basis to monitor their well being and progress, provide the person with information and assist them to manage their physical and psychological wellness.
Once a referral has been received, appointments can be organised and the nurses assess the best appropriate meeting place for the individual to meet their needs. This can include the GP office, home visits or other appropriate community settings.
- Not currently case managed under Queensland Health.
- Diagnosed mental disorder or provisional diagnosis
- Related complex health needs
- Physical health issues or at risk of developing same
- Hospital treatment in the past 2 years or at risk of admission
- Need for ongoing treatment for the next 2 years.
- Aged 18 and over.
- Mental health care plan and referral provided by GP or community based psychiatrist.
For referral, please click on this form and fax it back to 1300 933 033.